Welcome to Oh My Blog! A brand new monthly interview series featuring a whole host of fellow bloggers. Each month, I will guest host a different themed post written by a different blogger, to showcase the very best bloggers out there. This month, the questions are based on the fitting February topic of love!
This month, we’re meeting Tessa from Grumpy Mum Reviews.
1. Tell us about yourself and your blog.
Hi, I’m Tessa, a 30 something mum of one and step-mum of two from Wiltshire. I started my blog Grumpy Mum Reviews shortly after Baby was born to give myself something to do while she got on with the important job of newborn napping, but since then it has become almost an obsession!
2. What is your current relationship status?
Living with my partner… I keep hinting at diamonds but I don’t think he’s taken the hint yet!
3. Do you ever celebrate Valentine’s Day?
We’re not big on Valentines day here.
4. It’s your first date! Where do you go?
A cozy little pub where you can chat while drinking unusual beer/cider.
5. What’s the most romantic thing anyone has ever done for you?
I had a boyfriend send roses to my place of work once. All the girls gushed about it but I hated it. I’m not a fan of showy signs of affection. I’ll take a man who’ll cook me dinner and get me a cup of tea over one who sends me flowers at work any day.
6. What is your favourite romantic film? Cheesier the better.
Pretty Woman, you just can’t beat a classic.
7. Spill the beans! Who’s your celebrity crush?
Well, if you’re going to force me to name someone it would have to be Hugh Jackman, handsome and a nice guy, you really can’t go wrong.
8. Flowers are pretty popular at this time of year. Do you like receiving them or do they really not float your boat?
Here, have some dead foliage as a token of my affections… err, no thanks.
9. Do you have children? Do you want any (or any more)?
I have one baby daughter and two step-children. I’m not sure my sanity could stretch to another.
10. What would be (or was) your choice of song for your first dance at your wedding?
Firecracker by Ryan Adams. The other half is a musician and used to play that one at gigs for me when we first met.
11. Do you have any plans yet for Valentine’s Day 2017?
Steak and a bottle of wine then an early night, Baby permitting… By early night I mean sleep!
12. Raw oysters are pretty famous for being an aphrodisiac. Have you ever tried them?
Can’t say that I have, or want to, have you seen what they look like?!
13. Imagining money’s no object, where would you go for a romantic getaway?
Disneyland!!! Who wouldn’t go to Disneyland if money was not object?
14. What’s the best Valentine’s gift you’ve ever received?
I can’t remember the last time I got one…
15. Finally, what is the number one most important thing you value in a relationship?
Support. We all have our ups and downs, the most important thing is that you’re with someone who’ll enjoy the ups but support you through the downs.
If you liked this post, you should definitely go and check out Tessa’s blog and follow her on social media!
Blog URL: http://www.grumpymum.co.uk
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/grumpymumreviews